Pulmonology is a specialty branch of Medicine dealing with the lung and respiratory tract and the physicians dealing with it are Pulmonologist / specialist in Chest Medicine / Respiratory Physicians.
Pulmonology includes diseases like Pneumonia / Tuberculosis /Complicated lung infection like Multi Drug Resistant (MDR) tuberculosis/ XDRTB/ Totally resistant tuberculosis. These need specialist intervention timely. This also deals with other allied subspecialty like Allergy, Critical Care Medicine (specialist with the Intensive care or ICU), Lung cancer (Oncology), Occupational lung disorders (Industrial health and hygiene practices), Sleep medicine (Sleep disorders) and Tobacoo cessation (Nicotine withdrawal clinic). These will be looked into comprehensively at the clinic. These physicians must show specialized knowledge towards dealing with these problems. Appropriate review and action will be suggested individually.
1. Blood collection and routine lab services in coordination with SRL / Metropolis.
2. Needle aspiration of lymph nodes for diagnosis of neck swelling.
3. Sleep study and polysomnography
5. Medical Thoracoscopy / pleuroscopy.
6. Pleural tapping / pleurocentesis
7. Intercostal drainage tube.
8. Skin prick testing / Allergy testing.
9. Pulse oximetry / Exercise walk testing.
10.Spiromety / Pulmonary function or Lung function Testing
Which are performed here with prior appointment.